FEATURED IN L'ADORN

Friday 16 November 2012

286: Giving Birth Experience [The Precious One]

My bad, I've promised to wrap up the whole experience of giving birth in this chapter but it took me about 4 months to eventually complete my story. To a friend who'll be giving birth to her first child anytime soon now, Lela Aziz, hopefully what I'm telling from my personal experience could give you an extra information of  true picture on giving birth moment, as requested. Thanks for being patient and sorry dear to make you keep waiting =')

..continued from "The Waiting Game"

Entering the labour ward, I'd been 'warmly greeted' with a loud scream from one of the in-pain mommy from one of the labour room (haih.. that was somehow demotivated me, and made me feel freaking scared!!)

Reached to the dedicated room that sized roughly 150 sq.ft, I was transferred from the wheelchair to the bed. Climbing up the bed was the hardest in my life, I swear! Especially with my condition (who is constantly in extreme contractions pain every 3-4 minutes), even a very little movement, could cause pain to the whole body.

After a while, I was given drip on my left hand which  I never knew I was being induced, not until my sister told me few days later that the drip is actually a kind of induction to expedite the birth process.  No wonder, the contractions  keep getting harder even after I had Entonox (gas and air), the gas didn't seems to work well on me.

Seriously, I never read on this article before; Entonox . Such a pity that I only discovered it later, after I gave birth. Maybe, only after I went through the experience, I could now relate myself to all these. For those who are going to give birth soon, please be sure that you know how to use the Entonox.
Here is the most important useful tips:

"Start breathing the Entonox the very second you feel a contraction is about to begin. It takes at least 20 sec. for the gas to build up in your blood stream to a sufficient level to give you some pain relief, and 45-50 sec. before it reaches its greatest effectiveness. If you wait until the contraction really hurts, and then start breathing the Entonox, it will be taking effect in between contractions!"

~http://www.babycenter.com.my

Taking entonox somehow has it's own downside. Apart from it's only a mild pain killer, it could make you sick and dries out your mouth. About almost an hour after I consumed Entonox, I throw up big time. So many of it I think I've emptied the whole stomach. There goes all the food I consumed earlier, a half bar of Kit Kat which I took for lunch before I was delivered into labour room, and kebab for dinner a night before. It created a nasty stain on my pillow as some of it could not wait  to go into the plastic bag.

With all those sick feelings especially the contractions, I've became weaker every minutes. How I wish I could end all this right away, but I know the journey is still long way to go since my water bag is yet being broken.

Then, a doctor came in to break my water bag. Before she could do so, she emptied my urine using a catheter. Looking at the almost full collection bag, she asked me when was the last time I went to toilet which I told her it was 6am this morning. She was a bit suprised and asked whether or not I've emptied my bowel before I go into the labour room? I told her, "No". Further more I was in a terrible pain since morning that I forgot the needs to urinate or such. This is another tricky situation, that my sister said, perhaps the hospital has overlooked a procedure on me, "to ensure that the patient has emptied their bowel". Based on her experience for all her child, patient will be given some kind of pill so they can empty their bowel before the delivery take place.

But Alhamdulillah..nothing bad happened to me. 

After the water broke, I could feel the contraction become more intense. This carried on for another one more hour. With the little energy left, I keep reciting du'a..and tell myself to be strong for the sake of my baby.
Accompanied by the sounds of my baby heart beats through the machine, it kept me aware how this little life in my womb is fully depends on me to get him into this world, and thinking of that makes me strong!

Then, dilated at 9 cm, I was allowed to push.  Just to let you know, we'll have the tendency to push whenever we feel the contraction, cause somehow it could relief the pain from contractions. However, the doctor won't allow you to push if you haven't fully dilated due to the risk of your perineum would got swollen as it's not yet ready to let the baby out.

As I pushed for the first time, it was 4.45pm and the doctor said she could feel my baby's head on his way out. I kept pushing harder, I almost out of breath on  every single try. Somehow, as I said earlier, I was already exhausted that I need to be assisted  with episiotomy. When the cut was made,  I could barely feel the pain but I could feel something warm gushing out. It could be the blood, or it could be water. I could hardly tell. All I know is I need to put extra effort to push so that all these could be over at the soonest.

After the most terrifiyng  (it's between life and death moment, right?) 25 minutes in my life, the baby's finally out! I could see my baby's whitish body. As hubs said, there's not much blood on him, he's such a clean delivered baby.

Few seconds after that, they handed me my baby, and asked.."Puan, tengok ni..puan dapat baby apa?" I was in tears, I could hardly answered.."Boy..." and so I cried. Seriously, only then I understood the true meaning of tears in happiness. I didn't cry on my solemnization day, whereas most people will, but this time, for the first time in my life, I understood how does it feels, crying in happiness.

MasyaAllah, with my baby on my chest, I hold him tight and deep down in my heart I thanks Allah for blessing me with the happiest moment a woman could ever wish, to become a mother and this has definitely completed my life!

After that, they took my baby to be cleaned, as my wound also need to be sewn up. For the first 30minutes, my baby was staying with me in the same room before he was taken away to be checked. He was such a good boy, I didn't hear him crying at all (only when I saw he was carried out from the room then I realized that all this while he was staying in the same room. I was too exhausted from the pushing for the past 25 minutes, to be well aware of everything  happened around me). The nurse took my baby's placenta and told me that it's weighed 500g. While my baby himself, was weighed at 2.95kg and measured at 45cm length.

The stitching process took almost an hour. I hate it everytime the thread passes through my skin, I could still feel the pain (urgh..unforgettable one!) And I hate it even more everytime they need to tighten the thread..pain much!!

After everything was done, I finally had my first meal after the delivery! Then, we (me and my baby) were sent to post natal ward (ward 4D), where I spent the first night ever with my little one. The joy could hardly described by words when my baby latched. Subhanallah..it's completely amazing  to see how your baby latch to you even he was only at few hours old! =')
 
After all, the most excruciating pain that I experienced through this whole process of giving birth was the contractions. Next, goes to the stitching, and then only the pushing part.
I don't know why I had such a painful contractions that lasted for quite a long hours (about 15 hours). Maybe I should have done more exercise such as walking, goes up and down the stairs more frequent than what I had last time. Since I had quite a painful experience for the first child birth, I pray for Allah will make him to become a good son and eventually a good person in life.

InsyaAllah. Ameen...

I wonder whether I'll be able to undergo those pain again?  I could not answer that now..if I'm in the situation once again, I'll surely let you know!haha.. 

Everytime I look at this little eyes, all the pains that I've been through are worth-it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok ini adalah seram.. Tp seronok baca.:p maklumla aku czer. So lain la experiance.. -dot

Anonymous said...

errr so you still think giving birth at govt hosp like this one is a pleasant one hm?

pae dasuki said...

Phew, after a while baru la discovered a way to reply comment through this blogger column.

Dot,referring to your other question untuk Maysaa Giveaway haritu. Rasanya kalau view through phone mmg ada certain item yang tak appear kot.i.e: Follow me through Google Friend Connect and comment column ni. Kalau view kat lappy/pc, boleh nmpk apps.disqus untuk comment.

Maksudnya, ada 2 cara untuk leave comment, satu kat sini (whenever disqus apps. not appear to viewer), satu lagi through disqus tu.
err..complicated tak nak faham? :p)

The best thing, kalau boleh view la kat pc, barula nampak semua ..hehe :p

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...