FEATURED IN L'ADORN

Thursday 4 August 2011

197: Steamed Salmon

I am now humbly presenting the steamed salmon which I was so excited to cook that I'd mentioned about it earlier in my previous post even though while writing it I haven't shop for the salmon fillet..yet :p

Regardless of it's pricey tag..RM 28.50 for 2 salmon fillets bought in Jusco...
Regardless of running out of gas in the middle of cooking and the fact that it was already after 7pm, I would love to thanks Ezal for being patient and helpful to call for the new gas supply...
Regardless of it's not-so-presentable look..

I am feeling delighted and appreciated when Ezal told me that the taste was great! (Okay, I'm showing my teeth now) sparkling smile**
This is the simple recipe if you care trying it yourself ;)
Servings: Two pax
Ingredients:
400 gm salmon fillets (200gm each)
2 tablespoons light soy sauce
2 cloves garlic (minced)
2 cm ginger (minced)
2 teaspoons coarse black pepper 
1 teaspoons salt
Asparagus (optional)

Instructions:
1. Boil 500ml water in a steamer pot.
2. Place the salmon fillet in a steamer pan with the skin side down. 
3. Sprinkle the salmon fillet with salt and drops in the light soy sauce to each fillet. 
4. Drizzle with the coarse black pepper, minced garlic and ginger.
5. Steam for 7-10 minutes.
6. Lift the salmon to a serving plate.
7. Could be served with asparagus or chopped scallions.

p/s: Salmon is high in Omega 3, protein, vitamins and minerals. Don't you think it is one of the healthiest food to eat? ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...