FEATURED IN L'ADORN

Tuesday 15 February 2011

162: Masjid Al-Irsyad, Indonesia

I received an email from my boss last week which indeed captured my attention; made me wanted to expand the email with you here. It was an article and some stunning images of the unique masjid in Indonesia; Masjid Al-Irsyad it is. But as the email is less write-up and more pictures, and also came to think that to simply copy and paste the articles, is not good enough because i would not be able to acknowledge the author (the email turn out with blank signature)..I have googled some information about the masjid to get sufficient understanding of it and re-write in my own words (when i say my own words..it means simple and straightforward..xD).The masjid is located in Kota Baru Parahyangan, a township near the city of Bandung. The uniqueness the masjid is it resembles the holy Kaabah through it's squarish design. With no domes attached, it has proven that dome is not a 'must-have' element for a masjid.It could accommodate approximately 1,000 jemaah and is also designed to ‘blend in’ with nature through it's modest architecture. The selection of stacked stones for the wall is a fine solution to allow for natural ventilation without worrying to air-conditioning the building at all time.. hence it consumes less energy.With water surrounding the masjid, it could lower down the temperature during hot season and creates tranquility, no?. I could feel the serenity by only looking though the picture..what else if I were there..masha Allah!

note: credit to rangkep.com for image of the jemaah praying.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...