FEATURED IN L'ADORN

Sunday, 14 December 2008

111: Journey to Istanbul, Turkey

I am back!!:) this time with a bunch of stories on my trip to Istanbul in year 2004 (it has been a while, though..sheshh~) during my 3rd year of completing studies in Bachelor Science of Architecture (Part 1).Okay, let me brief you a bit on our task there
Technically, for Architecture students, we are familiar with this so-called ‘measured drawing’. What makes it different from our school to another is that we went abroad for it.
Our first batch, managed to had it in Egypt while the second, went to Indonesia...to three different states/ districts. The third batch however had to do it locally due to  security and safety issue which they were planning earlier to go to Pakistan (if i am not mistaken). My batch..went to Istanbul..then followed by our juniors which I heard they went to China, India..and so on. The point is, we have to find a heritage building and produce a set of working drawings of that particular building. 

(Note to self:The reason of why  I’m writing this is  to keep all the memories in journal so that they won't be forgotten as much as I grew older..haih, even now I'm almost could not recall every things in detail such as the places name, which I think the most  important...took me sooo long before I write  it down in my blog..okay, my bad -_-)
Yeeheee…'the cutest dzuki chan sepanjang zaman'. (credit to amin for his 'quick snap' while dzul put that thing on his head) Dzul, please don't get made ya!..comel kan gmbr ala² ninja jepun nih (macam topi tukang potong rumput pun ade) hahaha :)) can't forget those days when five of us went out for our TURKEY’s trip shopping (especially for the winter clothing + stuff)..and all the good times we had..^_^
This was taken during our transit at Bahrain Airport. (wow..look at us, adolescent and chubby! err..that was myself that I'm talking about  :p)
And this one is in relation to the F1 Grand Prix held in  Bahrain during that time (year 2004)
Heh...the SLR old-timer..It was still manual lense + film, then..Spent on quite few Black and  White films rolls to accomplish the photographing tasks  for the group. 
The group at the entrance of Sehzade Mosque, Istanbul
Being known as "Daruzziyafe", our group had been assigned to do the measuring and produce the complete set of drawings for the old kitchen of heritage Suleymaniye's Mosque.
I was entrusted to be the photographer for our group, instead of Mojatt ^__^. So we spent about 15 (fabulous) days..working hard and making sure we are not overlooking on anything, especially on the detailing part Otherwise.. we are not talking about flew back to Istanbul to catch-up with any missing or uncompleted data..It's a big No-No..:P (but it would be a different story if the trip are fully-sponsored, I am very delightful to miss any data, then..hahaha)

The most priceless moment was when I had the chance to climb up the minaret of Suleymaniye's Mosque..to get get a few snaps on the site context and to do a videography for our group (It was together with Mojat, Husam..hmm, well I could not recall the other few)

To get on top of the minaret was not easy. There was a time, that we have to cross over a wooden ladder from the domes to get to the minaret door due to the  door  malfunction at ground floor of the minaret.. Make thing worst, I am afraid of height :'(

Once we got into the minaret (through the access door that located at the same level of the dome..which is about 20m from the ground) we had to climb up the spiral staircase in total darkness (felt claustrophobic though..). Fortunately, we had our video camera.. make use the  lighting from it.

Finally, Wehooo, the weary ways  paid by the stunning ..breathtaking Bosphorus sea view. We were told that not everyone got the opportunity  to climb up the minaret.. (and I’m among the lucky ones..Alhamdulillah)

View towards Suleymaniye Mosuqe (4 minarets) from Bosphorus sea.
Cruising along Bosphorus sea. Let the picture says it all..
My all-time favorite picture. The path towards the main entrance of Topkapi Palace
At Beyazit Square..near to Istanbul University..
Last but not least the Tulip Garden Cafe..Very nice place!! Especially at the evening. Served yourself an elma chay (apple tea) or turkish tea in the cold weather..perrrfectt! ^____^
Finally, the famous Blue Mosque (6 minarets) of Istanbul.
I hope I could write more on this precious, unforgettable trip. But hey..maybe next time I could try to tell you more...or... maybe that's all about it :p
Till then~

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...