FEATURED IN L'ADORN

Monday 24 December 2012

296: Emir's milestone [7 months]

Today my little Emir is turning 7m.o! Another achievements so far;
-He'd been doing this 'acrobatic' thingy ever since he managed to bear weight on his legs.
-He can rolls in both directions, turning 360  degree in no time..and made his first fell off the bed on 3rd December 2012 (Whoa, what a date to remember! ) -_-'
-He started to lunge forward to crawl. A toy or a bottle of milk is all that it takes to motivate him to move forward and he could reach them by crawling on his tummy! (yeay!!army crawl) :')
emirDSCN5897DSCN5916aHowever,
Despite of all those positive achievements, the fact that my baby got infected with nappy rashes since last Monday really disheartening.
At first, we thought it was a normal rashes that applying Drapolene would do. But after few days, the rashes became worse so we brought Emir to the clinic. Immediately after seeing the doctor, I applied the cream provided by the clinic onto his nappy area. Somehow, the next mornig, his condition didn't get any better. I felt total upset to see his bum all 'melecet' even after we applied the antifungal cream. Hence, it didn't take long before I decided to take him to see Paed. 

By the time we see Paed from Pantai Hospital Ampang, Emir already developed cough and runny nose(~sigh). Since my sister has told me earlier to apply 'minyak gamat' to those infected area, I asked the Paed's opinion about the oil. Unfortunately he couldn't give any view from his medical perspective, indeed he prescribed the followings:

For the rashes: 
Zinc cream- (to be applied to the affected (melecet) part 4 times daily)
Candazole cream- (to be applied 2 times daily for 7 days)
For diarrhea:
Smecta Orange Dioctahedral Smectite (3g)- (Dissolve with milk half sachet for 2 days)
For runny nose:
Normal Saline Nasal Drop- (to be applied to nasal 4 times a day for 7 days)
For cough:
Britaline Syrup- (1.5ml to be taken 3 times daily for 5 days)

According to Paed, the rashes was suspected to be triggered from the diarrhea. Since last Monday, Emir's poo increased in frequency but with less volume. That makes his nappy area always damp and it takes some time for the rashes to heal unless to undiaper him.
So after the cream we got from the clinic didn't work, we highly hope that this time the cream from the hospital would help to heal fast. But, dissapointment for the 2nd time, the cream didn't help neither!!!Arrgghh.
The last resort is to take my sister's advise to apply 'minyak gamat'. I remember I have one at home, which I bought from Kak Zura who gave me after-birth-massage. Tawakkal to Allah, I applied them on Emir since they worked quite well on my episiotomy cut last time. Amazingly, the oil does wonders for the rashes!!!After first application, emir's bottom looks less reddish and all the 'melecet' area dried up. I kept on applying them for 3 days now, Alhamdulillah...Emir is now recovering. After this, I may start applying the anti-fungal cream to avoid the rashes from spreading again.Hopefully, no more rashes after this, poor baby..I had enough! :'(
Emir is currently on soy based milk as advised by doctor and he's taking Nursoy from S-26, and ..this is the oil I'm talking about:)

minyak gamat

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...