FEATURED IN L'ADORN

Sunday 14 August 2011

201: Kitchen

Kitchen is the heart of a home. Every woman would have their own dream kitchen especially homemakers who definitely spend most of time at this space. For me, it is important to keep my kitchen clean because if it's in mess, my heart won't be at ease. Dirty dishes left in the sink is such an eye sore, no matter what, I would make sure that they're cleaned immediately after cooking or after meal (although there are some time when I couldn't help but to leave them overnight and clean them the next morning, after I had my good sleep, for sure). 

Having such a helpful husband who every so often, offering himself to do the 'most-hated' house chores, dishwashing vacuuming and mopping really is a bliss from heaven (Ezal's face coming into the picture, smiling). Especially when it comes to a time that you feel overwhelmed by the daily routine and you start to mumbling to yourself, "do i need to do all this again?". That's the indicator from your body that you really need a break, indeed. Did I not mention that Ezal also did laundry for his cloths quite regularly? He'd been so caring that he is trying at his best to lighten the burden of me doing house chores alone.

In Ramadan, i spent more time in the kitchen compared to the other month (preparing dinner and sahur). Except for weekends, that we normally went to our parents or our siblings home,  having Iftar with them. If you are living in an apartment like me whereas the kitchen might not be so spacious, it's important to avoid bulky items to keep your kitchen simple and accessible. The ideal kitchen is not necessary to be huge with island and all modern equipments but as long as you have the good concept of triangle that relates to the location of your kitchen sink, cooking hob/stove and your fridge (where you stored most of your raw materials), you are already in your own ideal kitchen, true! :)

Having good ventilation is also as important as it helps to avoid your curtains and sofas smelling like meals that you've just prepared. Invest in a good kitchen hood would be worthwhile if you have a limited windows/opening in your kitchen.

I am a happy wife when I look at this just cleaned kitchen.. smelling fresh and ready to be messed up again! lol

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...