FEATURED IN L'ADORN

Wednesday 23 March 2011

170: SweeTree Restaurant

Watching any new released movie at MBO cinema, Galaxy Ampang has never been a hassle.Why? Because you'll never get disappointed by the 'sold out' ticket or 'only able to get the front row seat' be it the box office movie or not..:) I believe not many would go there due to few reasons which I strongly feel that the main factor is ..of it's no other attraction apart from the UO Supermarket and few other shops there. Personally, I think it such a waste that the big building is not being fully occupied/ utilized ..hmmm, maybe the management has done their part but could not attract the crowd to go there? (out of my business anyway :p). Being near to our house we always went there to catch-up for movies. Of course Pavilion and BTS also even nearer but the fact that we don't have to pay any parking fees..hurmm..might as well we go there, right? ;)
Last Friday, we again went there to watch Hikayat Merong Mahawangsa. Overall, I would say that it's worth watching..for a local movie, it's really awesome!! Before the movie started at 10.45pm, we had our dinner at SweeTree Restaurant. It is located at the new shop lots block at Jalan Putra Sulaiman (please correct me if I'm wrong), facing the main road that lead towards Galaxy Ampang if you follow the road from Taman Putra Sulaiman, Ampang.
As we got there, I saw the 'Jalan-Jalan Cari Makan' plate at the cashier counter. '"Ohh, JJCM dah sampai sini"..I whispered to Ezal. The restaurant serves Local food, Korean and Western. But for the night, I've tried Lemongrass Soup noodle..(must find some other time to get back there to try the Korean dishes..which seems yummy too ^_^). We went upstairs..and holaa..a big artificial tree in the middle dining area is super coool!! We settled underneath the 'shady' tree and while waiting for the food..went wandering around the floor.. :p
And..this is what I found out:
i) There are 3 rooms provided to hold a private dinner..each of them could cater for 6 pax, 8 pax and 10 pax. You could see one of the said room at the above..the one next to the staircase.the other 2 rooms are behind the 'cement sand brick effect' wall there.
 
ii)The toilets are passionately decorated too. See..I was standing at the toilet entrance.Observe the detailings on the wall please.
iii) The shelves are filled with cute handmade goodies.. some are cute stuff from Korea, and some of them are for sell too! (That made me think that the owner is a Korean).
Finally..yeay! here come the food.I had lemongrass soup with choice of noodles, which eventually I had it for FREE! (keep reading to find out what happened) :p and the super divine Mango Yogurt (RM 7.90). Seriously, I could ask for more if it is not that we are rushing out to catch Merong Mahawangsa on time.  Trust me , the taste of mango and yogurt is incredibly rich!
On the other hand, Ezal had Cantonese noodle (RM 8.90) and Ice Milo(RM 4.50). The crispy noodle also taste good..how i wish i can make it myself :p.
Owwhh..back to the story of how did i accidentally received the F.O.C noodle :)  It's simply because of the wrong order taken. I really don't want to make a big fuss about the wrong order but I may call it  my 'rizq' (Alhamdulillah) 
Originally, I ordered for lemongrass soup with glass noodle (as glass noodle is what being recommended by the restaurant manager when we were browsing through the menu before we entered in), and so did the waiter correctly repeated my order..but somehow after a while waiting for the food..i received  bihun indeed..;(
Haih..frustratedly,  I asked the waiter whether he had mistakenly sent the food or does it  really my 'Lemongrass Soup Glass Noodle'. He slapped his forehead and cried.."alamak, yela..patut glass noodle."
Not far from our table, standing a Korean guy which I believe he is sort of  the 'Quality Controller'. He came to our table as he saw me talking to the waiter..figuring out. I explained to him..and  said.."Never mind.. I can accept the bihun"..and guess how did he respond to it?"It's ok, this is free..no charge for this one.Free of charge.." Then I was like.."for real?"..He even apologized and for a moment I feel that I'm being cruel, do I?? No..I've spoken to the waiter in a polite way..not even scolding him. So let assume that it is just our fortune of the night :)

Above all, in spite of not getting the noodles for free, I would still come back for more!!  especially for the "Islandway Sorbet" ^_^

The address: 
SweeTree Restaurant
No 13 L--1.2, Jalan Ampang Putra,
68000 Kuala Lumpur.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...