FEATURED IN L'ADORN

Thursday, 5 July 2012

249: Giving Birth Experience [The Contractions Attack]

It has been six weeks since the day I gave birth to my little one at Hospital Ampang. I wish I could write this much earlier but being a new mom is quite challenging especially when you are left alone with your baby. I have to really utilize my time when emir is sleeping. Sneaking out quietly  from the bedroom when I 've already put him into deep sleep. If I'm lucky enough, he'll sleep for a straight 3 hours. That's when I could do the cooking, laundry, cleaning up his bottles, pumping while having my meal and surfing <--which is most of  the time, tak sempat. Tu yang took few days to finish up this entry ;)

It was 24th May 2012, Thursday. My EDD was supposed to be on 27th May, the upcoming Sunday. At first, I planned not to take an early leave from work. Thanks God, I didn't! It was a good decision that both of me and hubby were already on leave on 24th May, which also means that I still attend to office towards the end, and still driving car by my own till the very last day of my pregnancy! I'm glad that I managed to do a proper job handing over to my colleagues and hopefully they didn't face any problem managing my job temporarily for these 2 months.

A day before the delivery, I had Kebab for dinner. I forgot whether  Ezal was still going for his weekly futsal that night. What I remember was before I went to sleep, I texted my sister..asking her on how does real contractions feel (I don't want to get confused with Braxton Hicks) and when do I need to go to hospital? The reason I'm asking is merely because I already feel kind of strange pain at my lower abdomen. As advised by my sister, she told me to rush to hospital whenever I've already feel a constant pain, and I was like..Ok, maybe it's not the time yet.

That's because I was expecting some bloody show or water bag leaking as those are the two major signs besides the contractions itself (as told by the doctor). After all this is my first pregnancy, there's nothing much that I could expect on contractions. What do they feel like? How intense could it be? The most important..where should I suppose to feel the pain? Is it on my pelvic, on my lower back? I didn't know exactly where is the spot.

So here goes the experience of having contractions. First time ever in my life! (ohhh, macam tak sanggup nak menghadapi lagi sekali)

That midnight on 24th May, I was woken up by a sudden pain on my lower back. I grabbed my phone and look at the time: 1.45am. I thought it was just another cramping like many other nights before. I bend my knees and tried to get another comfortable position, trying to sleep. Before I could even close my eyes, the cramp like feeling began to attack my lower back again (To be precise, ia adalah betul2 di bahagian atas garisan punggung anda). Without realising that was the real contractions, I just bear with the pain and keep on laying on my bed. I thought the pain will fade but every movement and sound that I make from enduring the pain, has waken up my husband. We monitored the pain, the interval was every 15 minutes. I am no longer comfortable in bed, I started to walk around in the room-to the living- and back to the room. At least, the pain was not so intense when I moved around.

We've been like that until the azan for subuh prayer. Husband asked whether or not we should go to the hospital. I could not decide because I was still waiting for any blood to show up or water bag to leak. Somehow, the pain became greater that I don't think I could bear any longer. After prayer, without having shower (because I was in so much pain), I dressed up in my long pants and T-shirt and went to hospital at  6.45am.

The traffic was clear. Around 7am, we reached Hospital Ampang and registered (never forget to bring the pink book of your monthly check-up if you plan to deliver in government hospital). Just so you know, sitting in the car wasn't help much. Every time I feel the contraction, I got to lift my bum from the seat, and hold tightly to the dashboard and the door handle next to me. Phew~

We went to the Emergency unit for "Kes Bersalin" at ground floor near to the Emergency drop-off area. I was requested to wear their pink "sarong" to check for dilation. Remember, it was 7 am? So, everybody (doctor & nurses) seems all  fresh and 'wangi' as their working shift just started except for me (the only one who didn't take bath) haha..

Here start the whole story of my giving birth experience in the government hospital when the doctor said that I'm already 3cm dilated. What's with the bold words anyway? Well..some people may have bad perception or bad experience of giving birth in a government hospital. Somehow, alhamdulillah..my experience was a good one and I will tell you more in the next chapter :)

Stay tuned ;)
p/s: Another picture of my boy around 2 hours after he was born. Credit to Humairah, my SIL for the photo, taken from her FB album ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...