It was 11 years back then..
I remembered walking into the room, at the fourth floor accompanied by my father and my litle sister. I was dressed in dark blue baju kurung matched with plain white bottom. That was the uniform during the registration for our taaruf (orientation) week in Matriculation Centre IIUM, Petaling Jaya. I went into the dorm, which was about 500sq ft, furnished with a four double decker beds, 8 full height wardrobes, a big study table for eight of us..and few shelves where we could place our drinks, mugs and what not.
I remembered walking into the room, at the fourth floor accompanied by my father and my litle sister. I was dressed in dark blue baju kurung matched with plain white bottom. That was the uniform during the registration for our taaruf (orientation) week in Matriculation Centre IIUM, Petaling Jaya. I went into the dorm, which was about 500sq ft, furnished with a four double decker beds, 8 full height wardrobes, a big study table for eight of us..and few shelves where we could place our drinks, mugs and what not.
As I entered the space, I checked around for the bed that I wanted to spend my nights throughout the whole one year stay there. I didn't want to be at top bed. I preferred to be at the lower of the double decker. I found my bed..but ahhh, someone has sticked her name on it. I looked on the piece of paper.."Linda" was the name written on that paper sticked on the bed mattress.
Ouh..Linda booked the bed. Hmm..and so did the other four beds..Haih..I had no choice by then but to put all my luggage on the bed on top of Mahran (My bedmates after that).
That was how I first met Linda/ Dot in year 2000 during our Matriculation day as Architecture student in IIUM. I got to know her name first before meeting the person eye-to-eye :p
That was how I first met Linda/ Dot in year 2000 during our Matriculation day as Architecture student in IIUM. I got to know her name first before meeting the person eye-to-eye :p
*********************************************************************************************************
He was a year older than everybody else in the batch. He was all lecturer's favorite in Matric. Madam Normadiah, Mdm. Aida Kesuma, Br. Nurul..who didn't?. He could speak fluently in Japanese. His face also looks bit Japanese. He is thin and skinny. He never forget to smile when he talked, always appreciate even on the smallest thing, and that made him adorable..He had the leadership in him. That's how he was selected as the group leader in our studio during the Urban Trail subject..
Okay, that's too flattering of describing Dzul.. enough said :p
Okay, that's too flattering of describing Dzul.. enough said :p
*********************************************************************************************************
Now..
Time has changed, tied to commitment of work, life's demand and other grown up persons things (which I don't care much to elaborate here)..we hardly could see each other these days. ;( including Afzan and Amin which I didn't mention earlier. It was supposed to be a 'catch-up' day at Levain Boulangarie Patisserie for the five of us. But somehow, only three of us turned up.
Afzan is now battling with her morning sickness..(ooh, she's pregnant with her first child..so happy for her!!) that explained on her unavailability to join us and so did Amin, couldn't make it for some reasons.
Somehow, the super-small gathering was rather joyful. The meeting place suggested by Dot is super cool! We decided to have a tea session at the French Style Bakery Cafe instead of having a brunch over there.
The cafe is open from 8.00am-8.00pm, daily. I was told by Dzul, the breakfast meal is hearty and delicious. (He went again on the following day to try the breakfast menu) :p.
These are what we had on the day.
The cafe is open from 8.00am-8.00pm, daily. I was told by Dzul, the breakfast meal is hearty and delicious. (He went again on the following day to try the breakfast menu) :p.
These are what we had on the day.
From left; Aglio Olio Spagetti (RM 9.90), Chicken Cutlet Sandwich (RM 10.90), Chicken Spagetti (RM 9.90). I could be wrong on the price (forgot already), but it could not be much differ from that figure :p.
These are some indoor images taken, showing the stone oven kitchen where they bake their bread and pastries. We reached there around 5pm and there were variety of buns displayed on the trays and shelves. Yet, I forgot to take few snapshots on them earlier. I bought home the octopus bun. (RM 2.80) Could you see it? the bun on the bottom left..that was the only bun left that seems a bit catchy.. The rest are all seems quite common to me. I guess maybe because it was nearly 7.30pm by then.
Apart from the pastries, they also have chocolates (in nice packaging) and macaroon! That was how they spell it on the box. But I need to clarify here that I found out from juju's blog that she mentioned Macaron instead of macaroon. I googled then, to figure out which is which..and, I bumped to this blog. So, it's clearer now (thanx to the blog owner; Melissa..I rather say Macaron now ^_^ ) Oh..and for info. the macaron is RM3.60 each;)
Finally, it's time to bid farewell to each other. Overall, I would recommend this place as a great place for mind relaxing while having cup of coffee and for a 'catching-up session'. Try this place and trust me, you won't regret!!







0 comments:
Post a Comment