FEATURED IN L'ADORN

Wednesday 16 May 2012

244: Nakba Palestine

Forever Palestine
Mother don’t cry for me I am heading off to war
God almighty is my armour and sword
Palestine, Forever Palestine

Children being killed for throwing stones in the sky
They say to their parents don’t worry, God is on our side
Palestine, Forever Palestine
Mother don’t worry when they come for us at night
Surely they’ll be sorry when God puts them right
Tell me why they’re doing what was done to them
Don’t they know that God is with the oppressed and needy
Perished were the nations that ruled through tyranny
Palestine, Forever Palestine

Children of Palestine are fighting for their lives
They say to their parents we know that Palestine is our right
They to say to their parents we’ll fight for what is right
They say not to worry God is on our side
They say we’ll die for Palestine
Palestine, Forever Palestine

By: Sami Yusuf
Track no.5 from the album The Very Best of Sami Yusuf (2011)

This is one of the song  that has been keep playing in my CD player whenever I'm driving in my car. Yet and still, I'm being so ignorant about the disastrous happened in another Muslim country, Palestine -_-'

What is Nakba? If you're new to that word, just like myself, I suggest you to read this.

Now you know..so what does this picture has to do with Nakba? Honestly, this avatar triggers my curiosity, a lot.. especially when almost everybody is changing their profile picture and avatar in FB and Twitter? (including my sister, Linda..and this is her selection of avatar for her FB pic. profile).

To satisfy my inquiring mind, I search and found this from  Solihinzubir on his yesterday's blog entry.

The point is, this is the way (I don't know who initiate this) to increase our awareness on what is happening and been gone through by our Muslim brothers and sisters in Palestine. Let's pray for them and hopefully our du'a could do a bit changes towards making this world a better place.
Wallahualam.. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...