FEATURED IN L'ADORN

Monday 16 May 2011

177: Teacher's Day 2011

It's teacher's day today! To all teachers regardless of where you are teaching; pre-school, primary school, secondary school, universities, driving school (err..can we count this in?)..it's your day! Happy Teacher's Day :)

I still remember most teachers who taught me in school (even though not all of them). Okay, let's do this. I will try to list out their names starting from my pre-school teachers:

Pre-school: Cikgu Zabedah, Cikgu Ratijah
Standard one & Two: Cikgu Noorlida  Ismail
Standard Three: Cikgu Nor Ainon Salleh
Standard Four & Five: Cikgu Ma'on Dasuki (yeah, we got the same father's name :P)
Standard Five: Cikgu Haslinah Farid Wajidi
Standard Six: Cikgu Sadli Harun
Those were all my class teachers from 1988-1994. Not including teachers who taught me other subjects, but still and all, some names are kept vividly fresh in my mind:-
Ustaz Ridzwan & Ustazah Rabeah, Cikgu Noor Afidah & Cikgu Hadi the music teachers, Cikgu Noor Hayati the 'Amalan Perdagangan' teacher, Ms. Low +Pn. Asiah+Pn. Soo the english teachers. (I heard that Pn. Soo has left us all in few years ago, due to cancer or something. May her soul rest in peace)

Some other teachers were not teaching me (officially) in class, but somehow I still clearly remember their faces are; Pn. Hasnah the Headmistress (because I used to draw her portrait and presented it for her Retirement Day Party-that was in Standard Three) Pn. Hajjah Shamsinar, Cikgu Lukman, Cikgu Azman, Cikgu Mazni, Cikgu Azhar, Cikgu Hazman, Cikgu Norliza, Cikgu Nor Rahaidar, Ustaz Syamsul, Cikgu Zaiton, Cikgu Fatimah, Cikgu Jasmee..(see, lots of names to be written here). My scouts's teachers; Pn. Roziah Abu Samah, Mr. Ramendran Nair, Cikgu Salim (who was also my personal trainer when I was selected to represent the school in Malay Poetry recitation competition (Sajak and Syair). Hahaha, those naive days :p. I won the second prize for sajak competition though, but syair ..was totally out even though it was accompanied by Cikgu Hadi's piano live performance..;p

Hmm..too many sweet memories during primary school. How ironic that i could remember more of  my teacher's names during my primary school compared to the secondary even though there were much earlier years.

In Secondary School, I could remember Cikgu Sarihat Utoh (my class and History teacher who got lots of mystical stories to tell). A thing that made her different from other teacher was the way she memorized us; by our father's name..yeah true, she ended up calling me Dasuki in class..(doink -_-)

Cikgu Hashimah, my class teacher when I was in Form Three, Ustazah Maimunah when I was in Form Two, Cikgu Hussin (the 'beloved' Geographical teacher and guru disiplin), Ustaz Hamid who was another guru disiplin, Cikgu Awaluddin & Mr. Khoo (the best Mathematic teacher), Pn. Rozana (the cute and gorgeous English teacher..how i really admire her), Cikgu Norul Azlifah, Cikgu Azmi (the very talented Art teacher).

Not to forget, my upper form teachers in KUSESS.  Cikgu Ruslan, Cikgu Rezazali, Cikgu Lucy, Cikgu Nik, Cikgu Hisham, Cikgu Tahir, Cikgu K.A, Miss Shylaja William, Ustaz Samurin, Ustazah Fauziah and on top of all, Tn Hj. Ariffin..the beloved principal..okay, fuhh..i almost missed his name :')

Last but not least to Prof. Ar. Dr. Asiah Abdul Rahim, Prof. Dr. Ismawi Hj. Zen and all my lecturers during the battle in completing my Architectural degree in UIAM.

Happy Teacher's Day! From your ex-student who always pray for all your good health.. Thank you teachers..Thank you Allah.

Sincerely,
Faizah Dasuki

1 comments:

Pn.Bayu said...

pae, ingat lagik ek nama cik tadika kite tu... orang ingat nama panggilan je... cikgu bedah dan cikgu siti kalau x silap...hihihihi

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...